Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lynnderella Very Pretty Vampire over Wet n Wild Buy Me a Drink

Hello again friends! The second part of my post today is another Lynnderella polish =)

For my base layer, I used Wet n Wild Buy Me a Drink from their limited edition (and impossible to find) On the Prowl Collection, again from my friend Krista! Buy Me a Drink is a GORGEOUS burgundy wine shimmer. Ack I love this one soooo much! The formula is a little thin, so I had to do three coats to eliminate streaks and reach full opacity. Love love LOVE it!






On top of Buy Me a Drink, I decided to put Lynnderella Very Pretty Vampire. Another favorite from the polish genius Lynn, VPV is a various sizes of red and black glitter in a clear but murky red base. This blended in really well with Buy Me A Drink, but I think I want to try this again over a more contrasting color to get the full effect. Very Pretty Vampire is more sparse, so it is definitely best as a layering polish. I did two coats of VPV over three coats of Buy Me a Drink. VPV was a very hungry glitter, so I did one coat of Gelous and two coats of Seche Vite to smooth everything out. Here's the finished product:





Not my best pictures today, sorry folks!

Anyways, I will see you all again tomorrow! Have a fantastic Saturday!

-Jacqui =)

5 comments:

  1. That glitter is gorgeous on top of the Wet and Wild polish. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really awesome together. I would love to try but yea I haven't found OtP. I want to try it over OPI The one that got away though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! Yes, I mean it! GIRL, this is amazing! I have Buy Me a Drink and I can't believe how amazing the Lynderella looks over it! PERFECT mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really was a fantastic combo, I wish my photos would have captured it a bit better because it was truly stunning! Thanks everyone <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)