Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pure Ice Heartbreaker over Revlon Royal

HI GUYS!!! Long time no see, eh?! Instead of excuses, I come bearing pictures!! Today I have for you all a manicure I have been wanting to do for awhile, Pure Ice Heartbreaker over Revlon Royal. These two polishes are truly a match made in heaven.

Revlon Royal is a gorgeous deep royal blue jelly in Revlon's Top Dry line. The formula of this polish was thick but relatively easy to work with. If this polish was any thinner, it would have been flood city and as pigmented as this polish is, it would have been a nightmare to do cuticle clean up. I usually prefer my polishes a bit thinner but I was grateful that Royal was as thick as it was. After 2 coats of Royal, I did one coat of Pure Ice Heartbreaker on top, a gorgeous green shimmer. I believe Heartbreaker is still available but last time I saw, the formula had changed and it wasn't nearly as shimmery as it was before and had a milky base. I'm glad to still have a bottle of the original version.

The only disappointment with this manicure was the drying time. As Royal is supposed to be from the quick drying line, I expected a quick drying time. Sounds reasonable, yes? Well, even with taking short breaks between coats and my handy dandy Seche Vite topcoat, I am writing this post a few hours later and I am still able to dent the polish if I try. Not really a fan of that aspect of the polish. But, it looks really fantastic so I suppose I can look past its shortcomings. I mean, if I can wait hours for my Kleancolor Metallics to dry, I can forgive Revlon Royal for a bit of dentiness (NEW WORD ALERT!).

Pictured is two coats of Revlon Royal and one coat of Pure Ice Heartbreaker. As I've digressed from being a regular nail blogger, my nails are a bit misshappen, my cuticles a bit dry and my pictures kind of blurry. But hopefully you guys can look past all that and see how amazeballs this combo is!









Thanks for stopping by today friends! I probably still will not be posting regularly but I will be checking in every once in a while with a new manicure =) I miss you all and hope you all are doing well <3

29 comments:

  1. So subtle but sooo lovely!

    abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look SO PERFECT together. Nice to see something new from you! I hope life's treating you well :) I miss your vintages madly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liesel!! I'm glad to be back and will hopefully be posting some vintage polishes soon =)

      Delete
  3. Awesome combo! I did something similar and it's been sitting in my drafts for forever... I should probably get on posting that soon, lol! Great post, so happy to see you pop up in my Reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey! You should post, I bet it looks amazing! I'm glad to be back =)

      Delete
  4. this is soooo beautiful! royal is my favorite blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui! Royal is definitely my favorite blue as well =)

      Delete
  5. I wanted this one so bad and now you have totally convinced me!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. DUDE this is gorgeous! Wish I could replicate but I sold my heartbreaker!!! Dammit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww man Fingers, what were you thinking? Haha thank you <3

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous combination! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so amazing! Seriously glad to see you back :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!! I just purchased Revlon's "Royal" from Amazon, and now I'm kicking myself; I stopped at BigLots this morning, and there was a bottle of Royal with another Revlon polish in a "two-fer" package for $2!!! Of course I grabbed it since it's been discontinued. It's a great layering jelly, and I originally got it to under Max Factor's "Fantasy Fire". I never thought of layering it with "Heartbreaker" which I have in my stash - brilliant! Thanks for sharing, and BTW, your mani looks better than mine EVER will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good stuff with great color.
    Brad@LuxuryBarber

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it!

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. We provide breathtaking and amazing explanatory videos to our customers who helps reach their brands to the desired level. The artist's skilled team includes script writers, artists, artists etc. Product Explainer Videos
    App Explainer Video Company
    Explainer Video company
    Explainer Video Production Company
    Explainer Video Company In Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wedding Invitation Video Maker Online
    Wedding Invitation Video Maker | E Invites
    Free Indian Invitation Cards & Video Maker | Online Invitations
    Wedding Invitation Video Maker Online


    Wedding Invitations Templates & Designs Wedding Invitation Video

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)