Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pink Wednesday: Revlon Victorian with jelly snowflakes!

Happy Pink Wednesday everyone! Today I have for you one of my favorite jelly polishes, Revlon Victorian from this summer's Just Tinted collection. For those who don't know, a jelly is a polish that is sheer yet pigmented and creates a wonderful, almost juicy effect on the nail. Jellys typically dry quite shiny on their own, but Victorian dries to a satin finish so I had to use a topcoat to really bring out the juicy jelly-ness in this polish.

So, I woke up today and it was SNOWING! I was so excited, as it is the very end of November and we still hadn't really had more than a dusting of snow. I wanted to incorporate the first real snow that I have seen this year into my manicure today, so I stamped a few snowflakes on my ring finger and thumb as accent nails!

A popular manicure technique making the rounds out there is called a "jelly sandwich." A jelly sandwich is when you layer glitter under a jelly polish, giving the glitter a subdued, milky look to it. So today, I decided to do a Konad jelly sandwich! When I stamped the snowflakes on with my white Konad polish, it almost seemed too stark against the delicate shine of the jelly. To cure the problem, I added two more coats of the hot pink Victorian on top of the stamping and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out. Subtle, shiny, with a hint of winter goodness lurking underneath.

So here we have today's NOTD, 4 coats of Revlon Victorian with accent fingers stamped with Konad Special Polish in White. Enjoy!

These were taken indoors, with diffused flash to show the juicy, shiny jelly quality of Victorian. It appears a bit more red in the pics than it does in real life.






Here are a few outdoor shots to show the true hot pink color of Victorian =)



Thanks for stopping by! See you all tomorrow =)

9 comments:

  1. So cute, totally wanna try this jelly sandwich thing now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! What a good idea to sandwich the stamping like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I'm enjoying it as well! I'll have to do the stamping jelly sandwich more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and subtle. These are lovely! Btw, I passed the Nail Art Friendly Blog badge to you in my latest blog post. :)

    http://quartkneeex3.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUCH a good idea, Jacqui! I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with this manicure. Amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! What a soft and pretty jelly sandwich! I'm not so crazy about jellies, but this color is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)