Thursday, December 8, 2011

Avon Olive Green Stamped with China Glaze 2030

Happy Thursday my lovelies! Hope you are all having a fantastic day so far =) Today I have a stamped manicure for you. It's kind of festive, but in a subdued way. I really like it, and I hope you all enjoy it as well!

For the base, I used Avon Olive Green. Olive Green is a supposed dupe for RBL Orbis non Sufficit, and though I don't own the RBL color to compare, I can tell you that Olive Green is an amazing color! The name is a bit of a misnomer though, because it's more or a dusty blue-leaning green than a true olive green as it has no brownish tones in it. Anyways, it's an awesome shade, olive green or not! Formula-wise, it wasn't my favorite. It was somehow thick yet runny at the same time, and I flooded my cuticles like woah while applying it and had to do some major damage control. However, the finish was smooth and dried amazingly quickly with a coat of Seche Vite, and since the color is fantastic, I'll be keeping this in my stash.

I did the stamping with China Glaze 2030 from the Khrome collection, which is the perfect gold stamping polish. It is a cool-toned gold as opposed to a more yellow gold, and I just adore it. If you are new to stamping, I suggest you seek out some colors from the both the Khrome and Romantique collection from China Glaze, they are superb for stamping! I used XL Plate B for my stamping designs. The pine green background with the gold circles kind of reminds me of ornaments on a Christmas tree. I really am digging how this turned out!

Here is Avon Olive Green, stamped with China Glaze 2030.







And here is 2 coats of Olive Green before the stamping.




Thanks for stopping by! See you all tomorrow =)

13 comments:

  1. This is really nice
    Very classy :)
    I love the colour combo
    Xx
    http://amyscorner93.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this!!! I have that stamp and just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so pretty, I realy love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this festive mani! I have a decanted bottle of Olive Green, now I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this is a beautiful green! I've never tried an Avon polish but now I'm tempted. BTW, I'm a new follower and I love your blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely combo, and very holidayish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG i love this mani..so perfect the colors are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is PERFECT for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)