Monday, October 8, 2012

Dollish Polish Vampire's Coven

Happy Monday my friends. Ugh, I have my Torts midterm today and I am so not looking forward to it. We got through an entire textbook in the first half of the semester so our midterm is on 17 chapters of info. I am basically delirious from studying at this point! Anyways, to cheer myself up on this cold and dreary October Monday, I have one of my favorite indie Halloween polishes - Dollish Polish Vampire's Coven!

Dollish Polish's Halloween collection this year is based on The Nightmare Before Christmas, one of the greatest movies of all-time IMHO. What a perfect theme to base a Halloween collection on! Can't wait to show you guys the rest of them too (or as many as I can get through this month with all the other Halloween polishes I have). This one is based on that little coven of vampires who move around with umbrellas in the movie =) Out of the entire collection, Vampire's Coven seems one of the more popular ones, always selling out quicker than most of the others.

Anyways, Vampire's Coven is a red and purple chunky glitter polish with sparse bits of gold micro glitter in a sheer black jelly base. This is definitely a layering polish so I layered 2 coats of Vampire's Coven over Revlon Devil's Lure, a deep vampy red from Revlon's 2011 Halloween collection. The formula of Vampire's Coven was fantastic, no problems here! I do like this combo but next time I will layer it over a red that is a bit brighter and less black. Although, I think you could put this over just about anything and it would look amazing!

Here's 2 coats of Dollish Polish Vampire's Coven over Revlon Devil's Lure. Definitely click these to enlarge so you can check out the glitter! Enjoy!





What do you guys think?

Thanks for stopping by today everyone! Hope your Monday isn't too awful =) Don't forget to check out my Halloween Giveaway Spooktacular if you haven't already! See you all tomorrow for more Halloween goodness!

69 comments:

  1. I LOVE Nightmare Before Christmas! One of my favorite movies! This is a very nice polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink glitter with the red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is gorgeous!! Totally deep and vampy, but it's still bright and colourful too! Instant love. :)

    Good luck on your midterm, Jacqui!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's definitely a great polish, glad you like =)

      Delete
  4. Its an amazing film! Gorgeously dark polish. Good luck!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is an awesome movie! Glad you like the polish =)

      Delete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love the purple/red mix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though? I love the color combo too! Glad you like =)

      Delete
  6. This is so pretty! Those purples pop so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful polish and a cool name!! Good luck on your midterm Jacqui!!! May the polish inspire you with all the right answers :))). When will you be done with school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I won't be done with school until next year =(

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous! At first I thought it was kind of the same as the Halloween Wet n Wild polish, but the purple glitter make it that much better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, those purple glitters make all the difference =) Glad you like it!

      Delete
  9. This is gorgeous! I love all the sparkles in this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks stunning on you !! Goold luck on your mid term Jacqui :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This polish is pure perfection, especially on you Jacqui! Good luck on your term!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So amazing! I read that it's similar to one of Lynnderellas, but I think it's much better! (and made by customer-friendly brand))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a bit similar to Very Pretty Vampire. I used to own VPV and I can definitely say that VC is my favorite of the two! It's much easier to apply and the glitters are much prettier!

      Delete
  13. This is so pretty! I haven't tried any indie brand yet. Definitely something I have to catch up with. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you definitely should try some indie brands! There are a lot of fantastic ones out there =)

      Delete
  14. SO JEALOUS! I went to order 3 of the polishes from that collection and I really wanted this one but it was being held in peoples' carts by the time I got to it :( it's sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are doing their last round of sales today, I hope you can snag one!

      Delete
  15. Why do I keep reading "torts" as "tarts"? That would be so much more fun! Good luck on your test!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaaha that really would be so much more fun! Thank you =)

      Delete
  16. Hope your test went well! I don't miss having to study at all. Sadly though, I've got a slew of assignments that I need to grade, so I guess it's always something.

    Love the polish and the name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not much a fan of studying either, blah! Glad you like the polish =)

      Delete
  17. This is GORGEOUS!! :D
    Good luck on your midterm!

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE how dark this one is!!! The glitters blend nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks great, and good luck on your midterm!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've seen this polish a couple of times and it's just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is on its way to me in the mail! Your swatches made me even more excited!! :D I hope your midterm went well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Omggg this one is just toooo pretty to resist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck on your test! And this color is just so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks amazing! I've been wanting to get some of these halloween polishes because Nightmare Before Christmas has to be the perfect inspiration for nail polishes!

    I hope your test went well! Lol the sounds of yours make me realise that I probably shouldn't complain about mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! They really are so fun, the NIghtmare Before Christmas theme is perfect!

      Delete
  25. This is beautiful! I hope your midterm went ok!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope your Tort midterm exam went well! *fingers crossed*
    Love the polish - it's what I was hoping DL bad romance would be like.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really love this shade is the perfect vampire polish all year I would wear it no kidding

    ReplyDelete
  28. This polish is BEAUTIFUL!!! Loving it!!! Gotta have it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)