Monday, October 15, 2012

Vintage Sally Hansen - Vampira

Good morning everyone! Super quick post for you all today. It's another busy week so I probably won't be able to catch up on reading everyone's blogs until the end of this week again. I wish I could sit and read blogs all day long!!

I have another vintage Sally Hansen Halloween polish for you all. This time it's Vampira, from the 1998 Halloween collection. Vampira is the only one I have from this collection which is proving to be more difficult to get my hands on than even the 1997 collection! Anyways, I'm glad to have this polish because it is another one of my favorites. 

Sally Hansen Vampira has a dark red jelly base (blood red, if you will) with silver and bright red micro square glitter. I just LOVE those teeny, tiny square glitters. When I first saw a picture of this on eBay, I figured it was going to be another one of those black base with red glitter polishes a la Lubu Heels, but I couldn't have been more wrong. The blood red base mixed with the red and silver square glitters put Vampira in a class all its own! Application was a breeze and it was opaque in 2 coats, although I probably should have done 3 for the pics, as there are a few bald spots that the camera picked up. Oh well!

Here's 2 coats of vintage Sally Hansen Vampira. Enjoy!






What do you guys think?

As I'm typing this, I am realizing how awesome Vampira would have looked with a matte top coat over it. I'll definitely try it next time I wear this!

Also, don't forget to enter the Halloween Giveaway Spooktacular! It ends tomorrow at midnight!

Anyways, thanks for stoping by today! I'll see you all tomorrow with a very special post =)

29 comments:

  1. That is GOOD! I see these and I always try to come up with a combo of my polishes that will imitate your vintage. They are such classics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous! I'd love to have something like that but honestly, nothing even close to Vampira and easy to find comes to my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Isn't it amazing that polish has lasted so long!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beauty *.*
    i would love to see it with matte topcoat too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks juicy. lol Like something I would want to eat. Maybe raspberry jam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously ^^ it does look like raspberry jam or something! lol I wish they never stopped making all of these amazing vintage polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the jelly base of this! The glitters are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowowow. This is stunning.

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah I love this! So squishy and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is gorrrrgeous! Thank you for sharing those lovely swatches with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this very much lucky u to find those vintage polishes

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you get these old polishes in the mail, what do they look like? There's a nail supply place I go to that has a lot of old nail polish but they look so nasty.... lots of separation and they look clumpy. They are even clumpy after you shake the heck out of them. Plus I'm not sure if the color is still good. Do you ditch those? Or do you restore these somehow?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful nail polish <3 I'm sure it would look amazing mattefied :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the look of this one! I never knew Sally Hansen had all these great Halloween polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, this is so Halloween-y!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this polish, you're right about the base, that jelly blood red makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh you are killing me! this polish is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so beautiful, so sad they don't sell this colour in my country!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I could sit and read blogs all day long too! lol
    Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your vintage polishes give me serious envy!! They're so great, I really love this Halloween series you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this! And I think you're right, it would look so cool mattified.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hmmm Idk about this one. I am not sure I love the silver bits in this, but otherwise it is really pretty! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)