Sunday, October 7, 2012

Retro Sunday Squared - Vintage Streetwear Oct 31st!

Happy Retro Sunday Squared everyone!! All this month, Dana at Polished Claws Up and I have decided to show you some of our best vintage Halloween polishes and we are so excited to bring you guys vintage Revlon Streetwears today =) If you are new to my blog, Revlon Streetwear is a brand that was available in drugstores in the late 90's-early 00's and is one of my favorite vintage polish brands of all time because they really did some unique and fantastic polishes. Dana and I decided to only showcase one vintage Halloween Streetwear for you all today, but to do some layering combos with the polish we chose! Hope you all enjoy!

For my vintage Halloween Streetwear, I chose Oct 31st. Oct 31st was the ultimate #1 polish on my wishlist for a few years and I never thought I would see the day where it would be mine. Well, a few weeks back it popped up on eBay and I bid my little heart out on it and finally it became mine =) Streetwear Oct 31st is a polish from back in the late 90's and it hasn't been sold in stores for over 10 years so it is super rare and if you own a bottle, consider yourself very lucky because it just doesn't show up often anymore. Oct 31st and I are now living happily ever after together.

Streetwear Oct 31st is an orange bar glitter in a clear base with little orange and black microglitters in there as well. It is best layered, so I chose 3 different layering combos for you all today. Being that it is such an old polish, I expected application to be a bit tricky but it was smooth as a whistle! I LOVE YOU OCT 31ST!! Now that I have that out of my system, hope you all enjoy the pictures! Keep in mind that every combo has only one coat of Oct 31st over the base color.

Don't forget to check out Dana's vintage Halloween Streetwear today over at Polished Claws Up!

~~~~~~

1 coat of Revlon Streetwear Oct 31st over Wet n Wild Black Creme.




~~~~~~

1 coat of Revlon Streetwear Oct 31st over China Glaze Immortal




~~~~~~

1 coat of Revlon Streetwear Oct 31st over Urban Decay Meltdown




~~~~~~

What do you guys think? Which combo is your favorite? 

Thanks for stopping by today on this fine October Sunday! Hope you all have a great rest of your weekend and don't forget to check out my Halloween Giveaway Spooktacular if you haven't already! 

73 comments:

  1. My favourite combination is over China Glaze Immortal it looks stunning over all three no wonder this was on your hit list it is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the way it looks over Immortal!! Glad you like it =)

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a great polish! I love the second and third combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii! My favorites combos are second and third...amazing colors!! It's so nice combined with China Glaze's polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah, I was so excited to see the Streetwear bottle! I still have bunches of these, but not this one - it's awesome! They did come out with some super unique colors - great post !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Streetwears! This one is definitely one of the more rare ones, it requires some hunting for sure! Glad you like it =)

      Delete
  5. I really love it over Immortal! It just looks really unique and different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. China Glaze Immortal is my fave !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, all three of these look SO cool. What a great Halloween/fall polish!

    https://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo Love it over the black and purple. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow the street wear and black is really halloweenie and gorgeous!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh!!! why don't they make polishes like these anymore???? Going on my lemmings list although I don't know how I will ever get it??? It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep your eyes peeled on eBay =) I'm so glad you like it!

      Delete
  11. omg i love this perfect for halloween

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it over China Glaze Immortal the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite is over the black and purple! That would by my halloween mani for sure! Great swatches Jacqui!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welp I meant just the purple... herp derp

      Delete
    2. Haha it does look cool over the purple, doesn't it. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  14. Wow thats so beautiful!! I like it best over Immortal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's my favorite combo too! I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  15. You've got the coolest retro polishes ever! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you!! I definitely have to search for them =) I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  16. oh wow! lucky you! that is one beautiful polish, love it over purple! :) very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's really lovely, and I'm a traditionalist, so I like it best over black. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black combo definitely accentuates the orange glitter =) Glad you like it!

      Delete
  18. Oh wow, that looks so cool over China Glaze Immortal! I wouldn't have thought of that pairing! Glad you did, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's my favorite combo too!! I'm glad you like it =)

      Delete
  19. Love these combos! That glitter is soooo versatile :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! You could layer it over anything and it would look awesome haha =)

      Delete
  20. GORGEOUS! Absolutely gorgeous! I really love it over Immortal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty layered over the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  22. China Glaze IMMORTAL!!! that's my fave - it doesn't compete with the copper.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome combinations! I love it over China Glaze Immortal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad everyone's loving the Immortal combo so much, that one's my favorite too!

      Delete
  24. hmmmm i think the first and last combos are my favorite. What a great little number to own! ebay pays off ;) well, sometimes haha. other times i'm like 'uhhh definitely NOT paying $2832835 bucks for that..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah, sometimes my major lemmings will pop up on eBay for redonkulous amounts of money. I will admit that I paid a pretty penny for this one but it was my number one lemming of all time so it was worth it =)

      Delete
  25. Love the Revlon Streetwear Oct 31st over Wet n Wild Black Creme combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! That one definitely lets the orange glitters stand out =)

      Delete
  26. wow this is an awesome polish! I can't believe that's only 1 coat of Oct 31st. So many great looks!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh WOW I looooove this over ChG Immortal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite too, it reminds me of granite or some other kind of stone!

      Delete
  28. I love the black base one, definately a retro look ;)

    Would love for you to check out my new blog
    www.thenailobsession.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think I'd like this one more if it wasn't so heavy on the bar glitters. It is really pretty, though, especially over Meltdown! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you definitely have to be a bar glitter fan for this one =)

      Delete
  30. I love all the ccolor combos. The black is more traditional looking but the purple is my favorite; it SCREAMS Halloween to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG! I love Oct 31st! This is so pretty, and it's now one of my fav Halloween polishes - too bad I'll probably never own it. I can just live vicariously through your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you never know what you may find. I never thought I would own it either but here I am =)

      Delete
  32. Wow! This is amazing. I can only hope that one day Revlon will bring these around again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be amazing? I sure hope they bring them back some day!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)