Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween! China Glaze Fortune Teller

Happy Halloween everyone! My favorite holiday of the year is finally here!

Today's quick post is of my all-time favorite black and orange Halloween nail polish, China Glaze Fortune Teller. Of course, black and orange is a very popular color combination for Halloween themed polish, but none of the other polishes do it quite as well as Fortune Teller does. Fortune Teller was part of China Glaze's 2009 Halloween collection and is now pretty hard to find. Another good one from that collection was Spellbound, which is another favorite of mine and even more hard to find than Fortune Teller. Alas, I ran out of time to swatch Spellbound for you all. I will definitely be sure to bring it out next Halloween!

Anyways, China Glaze Fortune Teller is a black jelly base packed with a few different sizes of orange hex glitters. It sounds simple enough but the effect it has is absolutely stunning!! Pictured is 3 coats, and it was fairly easy to apply with no problems in the formula. It's almost an unwritten rule that when you wear Fortune Teller, you HAVE to put a matte topcoat over top because it enhances the awesomeness. Hey, I don't make the rules! So of course, I have pictures of it both with regular top coat and with a matte topcoat today.

So here's 3 coats of China Glaze Fortune Teller, first with regular top coat and the last two with a matte top coat (I used Essie's). Enjoy!








Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you've all enjoyed the Halloween polishes that I showed you this year. I was hoping to do more, but life just got in the way this time around. But hey, there's always next year!

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween!!!! 


26 comments:

  1. Nice polish!!!! I really like the matte topcoat too!!! Very neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous!! Why don't I have this?!?!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally gorgeous - also in the matte version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this matte AND shiny!! What a great Halloween polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting this polish ever since I saw it on a blog somewhere lol! It will be mine someday...somehow lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween! This was my Halloween mani last year too! and of course it was matte ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one of my favourite CG polishes! It's awesome matte-ified!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, I can't believe I've never worn this polish... but I will now and apparently I have to mattify it, because it's a rule.

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect for halloween! i love it both matte and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! The shiny version reminds me of fire embers x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it shiny and matte! Great swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Halloween! This looks awesome! Love it matte!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my this is super gorgeous especially the matte finish

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an awesome color! Oh my gosh, I am drooling over it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! And matte? It looks AMAZING! BWAHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're right, it's pretty glossy but matte... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aaaahhh.. this is divine!!! I love it shiny =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)