Friday, September 23, 2011

China Glaze Branding Iron - Vampy Nubs

Good evening everyone and happy autumnal equinox! Today marks the start of my absolute favorite season of the year. There is just something about fall that makes me giddy. The cool, crisp air, the changing leaves, the pumpkins, the apple cider, the bonfires, and of course, Halloween!

I decided to start out the season by chopping off my nails and turning them into nubs. I had several breaks along the edges, so I figured it was time to get rid of my long nails and start fresh again. I am constantly playing with the shape and length of my nails, so please bear with me =)

There is nothing quite like a deep, vampy polish on über short nails. I decided to go with China Glaze Branding Iron, a velvety deep and glowy burgundy red. It is from China Glaze's Fall 2008 collection Rodeo Diva, which in my opinion, is the best fall collection that China Glaze has ever released. It is filled with beautiful, rich colors that really epitomize the season for me. If you have never checked out China Glaze's Rodeo Diva collection, please do! It is absolutely fantastic.

So here is Branding Iron! It is so wonderful and glowy, and such a perfect color for my newly shortened nails. I am in love with it! Hope you enjoy!





And here's one without the bottle so you can get a better view of my nubs. I quite like them at this length!


Hope everyone has a great evening!

-Jacqui =)

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful color! Its a very sexy deep red. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I took the pictures at night so the lighting wasn't quite right, its a bit less dark in real life. It still has that awesome glowy effect though. I am in lurrrrrrvvve with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a festive/vampy/romantic polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, cute nubs! I'm in my nubs phase right now. I cut them regularly and I'm shocked at my pictures with very long nails. My nail lenght preference comes in phases and moods, I'm not sure that's a good thing for blogging, but I can't really help it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)