Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pink Wednesday: Lynnderella Connect the Dots over Essie Pink Parka

Good morning everyone! Today I have a neon pink manicure for you for Pink Wednesday. I chose Essie Pink Parka as the base color for this manicure because it is my favorite neon pink nail polish that has ever existed! I have several neon pinks of all different shades, and this one is the brightest one that I own. Neons can be pretty tricky as far as application goes, and this was no exception. It was streaky and had several bald spots along the way, so I needed to do a good three coats to get where I wanted this color to be. A good tip is to apply a coat of white under a neon color to help the color really pop, but I didn't do that this time because I feel that Pink Parka is just so awesomely neon on its own. But difficult application aside, this is truly an amazing shade and I'm glad to have it in my collection.

I layered two coats of Lynnderella Connect the Dots over Pink Parka. Isn't it fabulous?! I just love all my Lynnderella polishes. Connect the Dots has black and white square, hex and bar glitter in a clear, shimmery base. Application can be a bit tricky with this one because sometimes the glitter doesn't go where you want it to. So you just have to play around with it a bit and see how it works for you. I put two coats of top coat over the manicure just to make sure everything was extra smooth and shiny!

You may notice that the color of my hands seem a bit off in these photos. That is because neons are notoriously hard to photograph, and you really have to mess with the white balance to get the true color to show up. I find these photos to be very color accurate as far as the polish goes, but my hands, not so much! You can tell how really eye-searingly bright this color is in real life. I think Connect the Dots looks fantastic over neons, so this combination for Pink Wednesday was perfect!






And here is Pink Parka by itself:




Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day everyone!

-Jacqui

2 comments:

  1. Omg, Lynderalla!!!!! This was one of the polishes I was eyeing when choosing polishes for our group order, I would have never thought to do it over pink, GREAT CHOICE! (amazing swatches too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough of these Lynnderella polishes! I'm glad you like it over pink! I think CtD looks stunning over any creme polish, but especially neons. I can't wait to use this bad boy over a neon blue, I think that would be awesome as well =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)