Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lynnderella Love Potion 99 over Illamasqua Baptiste

Happy Sunday everyone! So I'm on day 3 of the nubs and I'm starting to regret it. I miss my long nails already. Ahh well, the good thing about nails is that they will grow back. I'm not the most patient person though and I'm thinking about running about to Sally's and getting some sort of growing potion.

Speaking of potions, today I have for you an amazing polish from the one and only Lynnderella! For those who don't know, Lynnderella is a polish making goddess! All of her polishes are handcrafted from several different types of glitter. Her collections are very limited edition, as she only opens up shop every once in a while for an extremely short time window. I was lucky enough to squeeze in and snag some of these babies for myself!

The one I have for you today is Love Potion 99 from the Early Halloween Collection, which has medium purple hex glitter and smaller holographic glitter in a sheer purple base. It is phenomenal! These glitters tend to go on a bit thick, and once they dry they are a bit rough. It is advisable to do at least two layers of top coat to get a smooth and shiny finish. With my limited photo skills, I wasn't able to capture the true beauty of the polish, but I did my best! Hopefully, I will be satisfied with my picture taking skills one day =)

So here is 2 coats Lynnderella's Love Potion 99 layered over 2 coats of Illamasqua Baptiste. So sparkly! Also, please excuse my cuticles today. I forgot to moisturize last night =/

Artificial light
Artificial Light
Natural Light to show the glitter shapes better.





The last two shorts are of Illamasqua Baptiste. Illamasqua is a British brand currently only available in the US on Sephora.com (as far as I know). I love, love, LOVE my Illamasqua polishes! They apply so smoothly and the colors are so rich and beautiful. They wear like iron too! I currently have around a dozen Illa polishes, and they are all well-loved. 

Baptiste is a gorgeous shimmery dark purple. In certain lights, it looks almost black. It has awesome red and blue shimmer throughout, making the purple tone stand out in bright light.  Those photos are two coats.


Thanks for stopping by!

-Jacqui 



4 comments:

  1. The glitter is amazing. I'm drooling over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with all my Lynnderellas. She is truly a genius, that woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow!!!!!!!! I need both of these ASAP! Both amazing, I have a big ol' soft spot for deep purples! And now I have YET again another Lynderalla lemming! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. o.O WOW!! That's an amazing combo! Honestly, I need to get my hands on some Lynnderella polishes ASAP. I have Baptiste and it really is amazing purple. It reminds me of velvet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)