Saturday, September 24, 2011

Orly Royal Navy NOTD

Hello hello! Just wanted to show you guys my nail of the day today. For some reason, I have really been on a blue kick lately, which is really unlike me. I swear this is the last blue for the week!

Orly Royal Navy is from last summer's In the Navy collection, and it is one of my favorite nail polishes of all time. It is a bright royal blue jelly with the most amazing aquamarine shimmer throughout. The shimmer always settles to the bottom, so I have to shake it up for a good few minutes before application. It is a bit of a pain, but it really is worth it because I feel that the shimmer really sets this polish apart. It applies almost like a cream but has that sheer, squishy nature that a jelly has.

I got my bottle at Sally's, but I believe this color is no longer available. I believe many of the online polish retailers still have this in stock for a reasonable price. If you are a fan of blue nail polish, I think this is an absolute must for your collection. I even bought a backup of it when it was on clearance at Sally's, which is something that I don't normally do. That's how awesome it is.

And here are far too many pics of Orly Royal Navy (two coats plus topcoat):







Thanks for stopping by, and hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!

-Jacqui

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a real fan of blues because of the stain factor but I really love how this ones looks on you. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one actually did not stain at all! I find that if I use the foil method to remove stainy polishes, it really helps a lot! Dark blues are usually the worst for me, this one was a piece of cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)