Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pure Ice Heartbreaker over Nicole by OPI The Grape Debate

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you are all having a nice, relaxing day and not being forced to watch football like I am (unless, of course, you enjoy that sort of thing). Anyways, today I have for you a manicure that I have done many times because it is so awesome.

Pure Ice Heartbreaker may be one of my top 25 polishes of all time. It is a green microshimmer in a sheer blue base. Slap Heartbreaker over pretty much any polish, you've got something amazing. The idea for this particular manicure came to me because I wanted to combine my two favorite colors in a manicure - green and purple. I thought that the green shimmer in Heartbreaker would make an interesting contrast with the dark grape color of The Grape Debate, and man did it ever!

I'm not too crazy on the formula of NOPI The Grape Debate, but it's the only color I have like this so I just kept on trucking. As always, Pure Ice Heartbreaker was a dream to apply and I had no problems with it whatsoever. I put a coat of Seche Vite over everything and I was good to go!

These first few pictures are outdoors, then the rest are all indoors with flash to show the awesome sparkle that Heartbreaker gives to this manicure. Enjoy!








Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. OMG! amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! creative!!!! I need to find this Pure Ice polish ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That settles it. I need Heartbreaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls, you def need Heartbreaker. I swear, you could put this polish over a frosty mauve or sheer nude and it would make even those look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, this is gorgeous !! i have this in my untrieds, mainly because i didn't know what to put under, i don't have this nopi but i'll layer it over another purple, thanxs so much for this, i really love it : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!!! I find myself staring at my nails, mesmerized by the shimmer. I highly recommend PI Heartbreaker to everyone - it's cheap but it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting! We love you from Pure Ice!
    We posted your review on http://facebook.com/BariBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh* Ah-mazing combination! It's a perfection. No extra words needed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning! Purple and green are two of my favorite colors as well and I love them together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)