Saturday, August 25, 2012

Amber Ruby and Emerald Amethyst Nail Prisms - Vintage Sally Hansen Week

Happy weekend my lovely followers!! You didn't think I'd let vintage Sally Hansen week slide  by without posting any Nail Prisms, did you?! Today I have an amazing multichrome and an equally as awesome duochrome to share with you.

Nail Prisms are, in my opinion, some of the best polishes that good ol' Sally ever did and they should seriously do something like this again.  This line not only contains many gorgeous duo-and-multichromes, but holos as well. Duochromes, multichromes and holos, oh my!! These are long discontinued but are among the easiest vintage polishes to find and pop up on eBay, blog sales, and in discount stores all the time!

~~~~

First up is Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Amber Ruby. I first saw this bad boy on Scrangie and I knew that I had to have it! Amber Ruby is a fantastic multichrome that flashes red, bronze and green. There's not much to say about it, I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Here is 3 coats of Sally Hansen Amber Ruby. YES!







~~~~

Next up is Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Emerald Amethyst. Emerald Amethyst is an amazing purple-to-green duochrome. This is probably one of my favorite polishes in my collection because green and purple are my favorite colors and amethyst is my birthstone and are the side stones in my engagement ring! Also because it is pure amazeballs. Again, I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Here is 3 coats of Sally Hansen Emerald Amethyst. Enjoy!







~~~~

So what do you gals think? Nail Prisms - yay or nay?!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed vintage Sally Hansen week =)

Reminder: I'm working on getting my blog sale back up, the first part is up HERE:
THE SCHOLARLY NAIL'S BLOG SALE. I will be adding lots more stuff in the next week!

48 comments:

  1. omg these are both drop dead gorgeous! drool everytime

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! I'm grabbing trough the screen ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, boy, they both have a strong duochrome effect - beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they are some of the best in my stash! And I didn't even have to layer them over black!

      Delete
  4. i am really liking these vintage sally hansen prisms :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are gorgeous!!!The Amber Ruby reminds me of MAC's bad fairy from the venomous villains collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally does remind me of Bad Fairy without the glass fleck!!

      Delete
  6. I love Nail Prisms! I have about a dozen or so of them... yeah, I may have a problem! Amber Ruby is one of my faves! Burgundy Orchid is another gorgeous one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I only have 4 right now but I need to get more! Next on my list are Burgundy Orchid, Garnet Lapis and Turquoise Opal =)

      Delete
  7. I love Amber Ruby! It's so pretty <3 Need to get myself some Nail Prisms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Yes, you should definitely get some! They are still pretty easy to find =)

      Delete
  8. Pretty! Amber Ruby will be perfect for fall, especially around Thanksgiving time! Your engagement ring sounds gorgeous too, I love amethysts (if only I was born in February, haha) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Amber Ruby is the perfect fall color! Looks like falling leaves! And I'm glad to see another amethyst lover!!

      Delete
  9. Both look absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty swatches of these classic beauties! I love this post. I agree, these need to be brought back.

    If Sally Hansen brought these back I venture to guess they would sell one or two!

    Because they don't make them anymore, I hoard the gold tops and rarely wear them.

    My precioussssss.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think if SH brought them back, they would definitely sell well! They haven't really done any duochromes in quite some time, they need to step it up!

      Delete
  11. Wow! Amber Ruby!!! These are amazing. Sally Hansen needs to re-release these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like! I agree, they need to bring these back!

      Delete
  12. I had Turquoise Opal when it first came out, but unfortunately I was only about 14 then and dumped nail polish remover into it to thin it, I went into my stash for it a few months ago and it had turned grey!! Now I need to find a replacement! Lovin the vintage SH, they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that is so sad!! I'm glad we know about thinner now, has probably saved more bottles of polish in my collection than I can count!

      Delete
  13. I think it's really amazing how often these gems pop up in dollar stores! I found a holo prism for 99 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!! Definitely yay!! I love the Ruby one!! I only have one Sally Prism, I'll have to visit evil Bay to get some more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like Amber Ruby! You should definitely head to eBay, there's always quite a few on there!

      Delete
  15. Oh my gosh! Emerald Amethyst is gorgeous... I wish they still made these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one's my favorite too! They need to bring these back!

      Delete
  16. Wow! Just gorgeous! It always upsets me when I think about how I remember seeing these all the time and never bought any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Well they pop up for sale quite frequently so you might get lucky =)

      Delete
  17. Wow, I'm floored by how gorgeous Amber Ruby is!! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amber Ruby is calling my name... must buy... *drool* seriously, these are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOoh definite yay!! :D OMG Amber Ruby will be so amazing for fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amber Ruby = officially NEEEEEED! Damn girl, these swatches are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. its really too bad that I am too much of a polish snob to try these drugstore brands! hahahahaha-these sure are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine my collection without my drugstore polishes, some of them are my favorites in my entire collection!

      Delete
  22. Looking desperately for a bottle of SH Prisms RUBY EMERALD! If you can help: avemaria1a@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)