Saturday, August 4, 2012

Make Up Forever Black Tango polishes

Happy Saturday! Hope everyone's weekend is going swimmingly so far!

Today I have for you three polishes that my mom brought back for me from her most recent trip to Europe - the Make Up Forever Black Tango collection! I was so excited when I saw these polishes because first of all, I have no idea MUFE even made polish and second of all, because the colors looked amazeballs!

The Black Tango collection consists 3 nail polishes, all different colors of shimmer housed in a black base. When I first saw the bottles, I thought they were all going to be lighter than they actually were because the shimmer is so dense and bright! However, upon swatching I realized that the polishes were actually black but packed with an amazing amount of shimmer.  Ugh, you guys, these polishes are absolutely stunning!

Under normal light, the polishes don't look quite black but like a deeper version of their shimmer color. Then when put under a bit of bright light, BAM, in your face with that shimmer! The MUFE Black Tango polishes are definitely unique to my stash and are probably some of my favorite vampy polishes that I own.

My mom picked these up at a Sephora in France, and I'm not sure whether or not this collection is coming to the US. Application was flawless, they glided on smoothly without any major problems. The pictures here are two coats but you could probably get away with one thick coat if you wanted. The only downside here is that the bottles are pretty small so I will have to use these bad boys sparingly. Overall an amazing collection and I can definitely see myself reaching for these this fall and winter!

First up in Noir a Reflets Bleu (Black Blue Reflections). The shimmer in this was so dense that it makes the base appear almost navy blue in some lights, but this one has the black base like the others. Here's two coats of MUFE Noir a Reflets Bleu.



Next is Noir a Reflets Vert (Black Green Reflections). The green in this is more of a forest green as opposed to a true, grassy green and I absolutely love this one. YUM! Here's two coats of MUFE Noir a Reflets Vert.



Last, but not least, is Noir a Reflets Rouge (Black Red Reflections). This one is my personal favorite of the bunch, there's nothing like a deep, vampy red polish and this one is my absolute favorite of any of the ones I own. Again, this one has the black base again but with a lovely burgundy-red shimmer. Here's 2 coats of MUFE Noir a Reflets Rouge.



Don't forget to englarge the pics to check out that fantastic shimmah!!

One last shot of all the bottles lined up together.


Thanks for the awesome polishes mom!

Have a great day everyone!

30 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE these! They're like the Chanel Moscou's but there's a green! Aaaaahhhh! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG YES! That is exactly what I said when I got them!!! Can't believe I forgot to put that in the post lol. It's too early!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the follow! I love these! Especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! The red one is my favorite too, which is funny because green is always my favorite but there's just something about the red!

      Delete
  3. If your mother wants to adopt a very old child, she can adopt me LOL - she has a great taste in polishes, and they look so good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I will run it by her ;-) She always picks out the best polish for me, can't wait to show you all the others!

      Delete
  4. These are so gorgeous!!! I want them all!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got the best mom!! Noir looks so amazing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do!!! This is only a small bit of the awesomeness that she brought back!

      Delete
  6. holy shitballz. I'm in AWE. I love every single one if these! Your mom rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they amazeballs?!!? I die. My mom always picks out the best polishes for me!

      Delete
  7. I realllly like that blue! Thanks for posting swatches:) I hope this means more MUFE nail polish in the future-- would love to see what they come up with considering how awesome their eyeshadows are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too!! I have been a fan of MUFE since one of my friends bought me a few of their eyeshadows for Christmas in 8th grade (a.k.a back in the 90s) and I've been hooked ever since. I squealed so loud when my mom brought these out lol!

      Delete
  8. They're all very gorgeous, but that green is so stunning! It's easily my favorite of the three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the green is to die for!!! I thought it would be my favorite, but the red won me over by a teensy bit. Still amazeballs though!

      Delete
  9. Wowza! These are so droolworthy! I never knew that MUFE had nail polishes! Have I been under a rock??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hello! Can't believe I missed these! They are so insanley gorgeous. I'm a huge fan of green, but here all three are so gorgeous, it's hard to pick a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG the greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen! Thought I'd scream for the blue? Nope the GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN! lol I'm in love that one the most. :) I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG these are gorgeous! Just the kind of colors I love to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS damn you-I just spent $$$$ ordering these from the UK! DAMN YOU ALL TO HECK! HAHAHAHA! These are too gorgeous to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fantastic, I think I'm going to try at least one of them, but I can't choose which one ç_ç

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have the green one but now i see your swatches i'm so tempted to get the red one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)