Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hard as Nails with Nylon Planetary and Reflective - Vintage Sally Hansen Week

Happy hump day everyone! I start school again next week (six classes, six days a week, ugh) so this week is just going by too fast for me!

Today I have two Sally Hansen Hard as Nails glitters to show you! I don't know if these glitters were from a specific collection, but there are a group of different colored glitters with holo glitter that have names like "Astral," "To the Moon," "Planetary," and so on and so forth. So I use the term "astronomical glitters" to refer to these polishes though I'm not sure if they were from an official collection or what. They are vintage Sally Hansens so they are long discontinued. I got these from a super generous ROAK from the lovely lady over at Another Bottle of Polish, but they are pretty rare and don't really pop up anywhere as often as other vintage Sally Hansens do. I know I probably sound like a broken record when I say this, but I wish Sally would bring these back!

~~~~

First up is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails with Nylon Planetary! Planetary is a magenta and holo glitter. In all these astronomical glitters, there seems to be greyish glitters in there that add a bit of dustiness to the overall feel of the polish. I'm not sure if it's due to age or what but all the pictures I've seen of these glitters look that way and there does not seem to be any bleeding because the base of the polish is clear. So, Planetary is a greyed-out magenta and holo glitter.

These glitters are super dense and it only took two coats for full coverage. I only used one coat of top coat, but if I was wearing it for a long period of time I probably would have done two to smooth out the grittiness a bit better. These glitters are pretty phenomenal and I don't have any like this in my collection. The greyed effect really lends to the outer space feel that these have.

Without further ado, here is two coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Planetary. Enjoy!






~~~~

Next up is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails with Nylon Reflective. Reflective is a greyed out dark aqua and holo glitter polish. It didn't have as strong a holo effect as Planetary, but it was still prevalent. This had the same easy two-coat application and it was lovely to work with. Not much else to say about Reflective except it is another fabulous polish!

Here's two coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails with Nylon Reflective.





~~~~

So what do you think of these glitters? Do you love them as much as I do?

Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you all tomorrow <3

41 comments:

  1. OH MY, they are both gorgeous, but Planetary is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love these, theyre both so unique! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, I don't have anything else like them in my collection! I'm glad you like them =)

      Delete
  3. Both are very pretty. I really love the dusty quality they have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I don't think I own any other "dusty" glitters like this, they are so cool!

      Delete
  4. OMG, Reflective! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I wish my pictures would have turned out better, it's so much better in real life!

      Delete
  5. SH needs to bring back like, a bajillion of their old polishes. Holy crappp! Love these posts:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssss they do!!! We should start a letter writing campaign lol!

      Delete
  6. Ahhh Reflective!! It is tooo beautiful. I wish it was easier to find or Sally Hansen would bring it back, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was easier to find too, I would definitely need to get back ups of some of these. Why doesn't Sally do anything like this anymore!?

      Delete
  7. *touches pretty colors through the screen* LOL! Damn we really missed out on great polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! We really did, I wish I wouldn't have tossed out all the ones I had when I was younger!!

      Delete
  8. I really like both! They are very sparkly and gorgeous. Enjoy your last week of vacation and good luck with school! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous and very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg omg omg! Neeeeeeeeeeeed both! Beautiful swatches my love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! They are fab aren't they! I hope you can find them some day!

      Delete
  11. pretty!


    p.s. I'm having a $50 giveaway from Fox House if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the berry colored ncolor!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Reflective! So gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg!!! <- to both!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)