Monday, August 13, 2012

Geometric Blue on Yellow Stamping - Degrassi Showdown Finale Countdown!

Happy Monday everyone!! For most people, Mondays are the worst of the worst, but for me, that means a brand new episode of Degrassi! *cue the groans* If you follow me on Twitter, you know that every Monday-Thursday for the past 4 weeks, I have been tweeting incoherently from 10-10:30 every evening using terms from the Degrassi vernacular such as Eclare, Jatie, Drianca, etc. intermingled with frequent cussing and sometimes just straight up jibberish. What can I say, I really get into my teen dramas!

This is the last week of the summer season of Degrassi and I wanted to do some Degrassi themed manis for the finale week! For a crash course on Degrassi, it is a Canadian teen drama that has been around for around 30 years in one form or another, with its current format in its 12th season. Degrassi isn't hugely popular like Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries or all those other teen dramas out there but it has a huge cult following. The cast and crew of Degrassi are so responsive to and appreciative of the fans and it's such a fun community to be a part of. Yes, I am nearing the end of my twenties and still watching this teen drama, but I can't turn away. DEGRASSI I WISH I KNEW HOW TO QUIT YOU. But not really, because it's FLIPPING AMAZEBALLS.

Anyways, for my first Degrassi themed manicure I wanted to take inspiration from the Degrassi Community School building itself. The front of Degrassi has this huge pastel blue and yellow tile pattern and I always thought that would look so cool as a mani! I couldn't find the exact stamping plate I wanted so I went a bit abstract with it and I hope you guys like it!

For the yellow base, I used two coats of Orly Lemonade, a pastel yellow creme, and one coat of L'Oreal Eclair, a sheer yellow with silver shimmer. *fangirl alert* Yes, I used Eclair specifically because Eclare is my favorite Degrassi couple FOREVER AND EVER. *end fangirling* For the stamping, I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Blue Away. Hope you enjoy!




And here is the building (set) I took inspiration from, the infamous Degrassi Community School!


Thanks for stopping by and enduring my Degrassi-ness today!!

35 comments:

  1. OMG, I'm so looooving this! These two together are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch this show years ago!! That mani looks great, I adore that light blue color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha back when Jimmy and Paige and Spinner were on? I miss those days, but I love this new cast just as much, if not more! Glad you like the mani =)

      Delete
    2. yes, precisely (& when Drake played b-ball and then ended up in a wheelchair)! I used to rent each season on Netflix and watch it religiously. Then I got busy and fell WAY behind. Thanks for bringing back some good memories :)

      Delete
    3. Ahh yes, wheelchair Jimmy. Definitely the good old days!

      Delete
  3. Aww, how cool is that, a perfect color match and a gorgeous mani, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing! I'd love to be able to do my nails that well! :) fab post! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool! I love the design and the colors you used! It's a very nice nod to your inspiration. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never watched Degrassi before, but that's awesome that your mani matches the building! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know where that school is...would you like a picture of the actual building? :) Love your manis as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen the show, but your stamping skills are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm not sure about the incredible part, but I get by =)

      Delete
  9. Very groovy manicure, doll! I've never seen Degrassi. May need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Haha you can try Degrassi, it's definitely an acquired taste though. Very cheesy! lol

      Delete
  10. OMG I love you for this. Love the mani, love the theme.... I love you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the combo! The pastel colors go good together and the pattern is great! And *cough* I have never seen an episode of Degrassi... I don't think it even aired here in Germany. But I love the mani ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great! My best friend used to be on Degrassi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that is awesome!! What character did they play?

      Delete
    2. I'm not going to say exactly who because she's not huge on ppl knowing she was on it. But I will say she was in a few episodes early on and people were all "huh?" when her character stopped showing up.

      Delete
    3. Ahhh gotcha! There's two people it could be - Kendra or the girl who was in a wheelchair (feel bad for not remembering her name in the show) =)

      Delete
  13. I would have never thought I liked this colour combo so much but I admit I do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)