Thursday, August 9, 2012

Vintage Stash Spam Week - Sally Hansen!

Hello my lovelies!! I am SO EXCITED about today's post! Sally Hansen has got to be one of my top 3 favorite brands of vintage polish EVER. There are several reasons for this but I think a huge reason has to be that I had a ton of these polishes growing up. I feel like the 90's were the heyday of Sally Hansen with all the different and novel lines that they produced during that time. Magicals, Nail Prisms, Hard as Nails with the matching handles, Chromes, etc. were all such great polishes then, and they still are now. People are STILL clamoring to get their hands on Nail Prisms and Magicals polish. Heck, I'd love to get my hands on any vintage Sally Hansens!

Since I've been collecting, I've really been focusing on the Hard as Nails line because I just fangirl so hard over those matching brush handles. I mean, how freakin' fantastic are those handles?! I feel like I've amassed a good amount of the Hard as Nails polishes at this point so I think I am going to start focusing on some of the other collections next. Magical duochromes, I've got me eyes out for you!! But if you want to see a truly impressive collection of vintage Sally's, check out Kaz's collection over at Pretty Random. It is the reason why I started collecting them in the first place!

These polishes pictured today have mostly been accumulated from eBay, blog sales, and the kind hearts of fellow polish lovers. Last month, the lovely lady over at Another Bottle of Polish sent me an amazing package of about 15 or so of the Hard as Nails and Hard as Nails with Nylon polishes, several of which I never thought I would see in my lifetime, so thank you so very, very much!!! <3 Some of the vintage Sally Hansens are pretty easy to come across these days, for example, you can find tons of Prisms on eBay right now and they pop up quite frequently at closeout stores. But others...well, not so much. It's all about patience when you live the vintage polish life =)

Anyways, enough babbling about how awesome and amazing vintage Sally Hansens are, on to the pics so you can see for yourselves!!

~~~~

 Hard as Nails Special Edition Glitters, L-R:
3-D, Radar, Wired, Nuclear, Cyber

 Hard as Nails Special Edition Glitters, L-R:
Sonar, Magnet, Dimension, Techno, Hologem

 Glitters, L-R:
Sparkle, Ruby Slippers, Shimmer, Star Sapphire

 Reds, Orange, Yellows, Purple, L-R:
Bombshell, Hot Sauce, Rockstar, Slick Frost, Cool It! Frost, Stylish Frost, Python Purple Frost

 The rest, L-R:
Shock Frost, Bold Frost, Funky Frost, Ace Frost, Denim Creme, Tailored Creme, Classy Frost

 Hard as Nails with Nylon, L-R:
So-Sari Frost, Exquisite Frost, Edgy Creme, Patent Leather

  Hard as Nails with Nylon, L-R:
Sassy Frost, Embellish Frost, Rich Frost, Risky Frost

  Hard as Nails with Nylon, L-R:
Rich Lady, Festive, Dividends, Tinsel, Sweepstakes

  Hard as Nails with Nylon, L-R:
Planetary, Reflective, Astral, Futurist

 Hard as Nails with Nylon, L-R:
Quasar, To the Moon, Stellar, Gold Star

 Teflon Tuff, L-R:
Envious Frost, Secrets Frost, Wink, Flirt Alert

 New Lengths, L-R:
Tangy Beet Frost, Marble Creme, Mosaic Creme, Zesty Ginger Frost

 Chromes, L-R:
Carnelian Chrome, Aqua Chrome, Sapphire Chrome, Purple Sapphire Chrome, 
Black Pearl Chrome, Titanium Chrome

Randoms, L-R:
Color Fast Sweet, Nail Prisms Amber Ruby, Lapis Amethyst, Xtreme Wear Violet Sparks,
Chocolate Nut, Night Lights

And extra big pictures of my favorites that I've saved for last =)

Hard as Nails Halloween polishes, L-R:
Vampira, Witches' Brew, Skeleton

Hard as Nails with Nylon bar glitters, L-R:
Pink Champagne, Angel, Twinkle
~~~~

Do you have any old-school Sally Hansens in your stash? I would love to hear about them!

Thanks again for stopping by today!! Hope everyone has a great day =)

31 comments:

  1. Wow, that's an amazing collection of Sally Hansen polishes!
    I've got a Teflon Tuff that looks like your "Wink", but I am not quite sure if it *is* that one, of just a similar one. I bought it cheap in a blog sale :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I got my Wink off a blog sale recently too, she was selling a bunch of them, I bet its the same one =)

      Delete
  2. There are some seriously amazing polishes right there.. I'm blown away, I wish i collected polish way back when :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fantastic!! Hey, I've only acquired most of these in the past year or so, they're definitely out there you just have to hunt for them =)

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is an amazing collection! Just WOW!

    I love vintage polish, especially Nail Prisms. I have 42 or so and one magical, but no chromes, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! WOW 42 Prisms, that's quite a collection!! I hope to build up my Nail Prisms collection one day =)

      Delete
  4. Wow! Once again I'm so jealous of your collection!! I loved/owned a few Sally Chrome polishes. I would love to get my claws on some again!! Great post! <3
    variedtreasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! There are a ton of the Chromes on eBay right now, some of them are pretty cheap!!

      Delete
  5. Very cool again! I love how the handles of the glittery polishes are glittery too! I don't have any old school polishes, but I think I saw some Prisms in my Mom's stash. Sadly, they dried up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that the glitter polishes have glitter handles too!! So cool!! Go dig out those Prisms!! Add some nail polish thinner if they're all dried up and they will be good to go!

      Delete
  6. Love this! And now I'm going to be on the hunt for the Hard as Nails Magnet and Dimension!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an eBay seller that is selling some of these glitters right now! Those two are sold out though =( Here is the link though if you want to check the rest of them out! I recently bought 5 from them! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sally-Hansen-HARD-AS-NAILS-Colored-Caps-YOU-CHOOSE-Original-Polish-Enamel-1-2-/251104361151?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3a76fc7abf

      Delete
    2. MAGNET and DIMENSION are available at www.stores.ebay.com/cassiecosmetics

      Delete
  7. Looks great! I have 3 new ones ...lol.
    They just started selling sally over here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sally Hansen is a great brand, new or old! Still some of my favorite polish out there!

      Delete
  8. Impressive Sally Hansen collection! I do love your stash posts! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHMG OHMG OHMG *running around in circles* - what an amazing collections of vintage SH's - such fun bottles too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm glad you like them =) The bottles are the best part!

      Delete
  10. Sooo pretty!! I love all those old names, especially Dividends. =P

    I have a couple Chromes that I had from back in the day. My other vintage SH (Prisms) are from swapping. Love your collection though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love all the names too, especially the astronomical ones like Quasar, To The Moon, Planetary, etc. =)
      So cool that you still have a few Chromes from way back in the day! I wish I would have saved all of mine! These are all from eBay, swaps, blog sales, etc. in the past few years.

      Delete
  11. Every time I see your stash sets, I feel like grabbing all of the polishes I want! Those glitters, oh my gosh! I want them all, seriously. They're stunning! I need Sally Hansen to go back to making all of these awesome polishes. I so regret not buying any of these beauties when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the good news is, an eBay seller has some of the Hard as Nails glitters up right now for cheap! It is very rare that they pop up so definitely snatch a few up if you want them. Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sally-Hansen-HARD-NAILS-Colored-Caps-YOU-CHOOSE-Original-Polish-Enamel-1-2-/251104361151?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D1216232131499503293%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26

      Delete
  12. OMGGGGGGGG HELLLL YESSSSS! Rich Lady - I NEED! Of course I'm dying for all of the Halloween polishes as well. Vampira = holy freakin cow. I'm loving these posts so much! SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH I am dying for the rest of the Halloweenies too! I have filed a claim with the USPS about my lost Trick or Treat, hopefully they will find it and bring it to meeeeeeee!

      Delete
  13. Amazing collection! So many beauties :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the matching brush to bottle too!! It made finding the right color so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly!!! I wish all polishes had matching handles! They only brand I can think of today that does that is Essence Colour and Go, but they don't have sparkles in them like the SH ones do =)

      Delete
  15. My goodness, they're so gorgeous all put together like that! Yaay!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to wear the Chrome polishes all the time when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This page makes me weep, especially with all those colour coordinated caps :'(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)