Thursday, August 16, 2012

Essence Twins Romeo & Julia - Degrassi Showdown Finale Week

Super quick post for today!!

Things went down on Degrassi last night in a way I wasn't really expecting so I am pretty apprehensive for the finale this evening. Tonight is supposed to be the opening night of Romeo and Jules, a musical adaptation of Romeo and Juliet that stars two gay men as the lead characters. This play has caused a huge uproar amongst the students and parents at Degrassi so we're not quite sure that it's actually going to happen. I'm excited (and extremely nervous) to see what goes down in the season finale tonight!

In honor of Romeo and Jules, I thought it only fitting to wear my Essence Twins Romeo and Julia duo! This Essence duo is a European exclusive and I was lucky enough to have one of my overseas nail friends send me a few of these duos. Romeo is a smooth medium grey creme that took an easy two coats for full coverage. Julia, the square silver holo glitter, is most definitely the star of the show here!! I am kind of obsessed with square glitter and Julia is one of my favorites in my whole collection of square glitters. LOVE IT!

Here is one coat of Essence Julia over two coats of Essence Romeo. Enjoy!




And here's one in really low light because look at how awesome those holo squares look!


Here is the poster for Degrassi's production of Romeo and Jules. Knowing Degrassi, nothing ever goes as planned at it will be a small miracle if that play opens tonight!


Thanks for stopping by today!

33 comments:

  1. I mist these, looks so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so happy you're back to blogging!!!! I never bothered getting any of these twins & just not sure why now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too girl!!! I love the twins, they are some of my favorite Essences! I though they were permanent but I guess not =(

      Delete
  3. Hah! Girl on top is always better! -=X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I'm wearing gray polish today - OCC's Dangerous- but not sure it's working with my summer outfit. I may need to save it for fall. Or brighten it up with some glitter:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love grey polish!! Haha I never match my polish to my outfits...well, almost never =)

      Delete
  5. OOOOh the low light photo is sooo gorgeous - amazing! very nice mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just so freakin' creative. I LOVE this, well, and all of your manis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really pretty! I love the combination of glitter over gray! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, me too! I will have to swatch my other twin sets soon =)

      Delete
  9. I have seen this awesome yet elusive set. How did you get your hands on these?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this duo is amazing! You're so lucky to have been sent one! They look great together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm very thankful to have this one, I love it!!

      Delete
  11. omg julia is a huuge lemming. love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get your hands on it someday, it really is stunning!!

      Delete
  12. Amazing combo! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this grey! Julia is perfect for it, they make one gorgeous combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, especially in low light! Grey + glitter is an awesome combination!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The holo glitter is gorgeous! I really like that, may get looking on evil bay for that :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)