Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Girly Bits Canadian Eh? - Degrassi Showdown Finale Week

Good morning lovely readers!! I am still reeling from last night's episode of Degrassi, how about you? LOL. Today I have for you a polish from one of the many indie brands out there in the nail world today, Girly Bits. I chose Canadian Eh? for one of my Degrassi posts of course because Degrassi is a Canadian show but also because I am a huge fan of Canada in general. It has been said that American Degrassi fans have Canadian pride and it really is true. I also chose these colors for this mani because they are the colors of Degrassi's new junior pro hockey team, the Toronto Ice Hounds. Since they caused THE BEST FIGHT IN DEGRASSI HISTORY on last night's episode, it's only appropriate to honor them in today's post!

I chose Etude House Black Holo as the base for Canadian Eh? and I'm so glad that I did. Black Holo is a black jelly packed with holo microglitter and it really helped set off the white and red glitters in the Girly Bits polish. Canadian Eh? is a multi-shaped red and matte white glitter in a clear base with teeny bits of blue microshimmer. I'm not usually a huge fan of white matte glitter but it definitely works here. Application of both polishes was super easy, though I wish more of the square glitters in Canadian Eh? would have come out to play on the nail. I only got three square glitters on all ten of my nails, and two of them ended up on the same nail! Overall though, both had great formulas and no major problems.

So here is one coat of Girly Bits Canadian Eh? over 2 coats of Etude House Black Holo. Sorry for the less-than-stellar shots, I was rushing and didn't get any good ones. Oh well, at least with the bit of blur you can see the lovely holo sparkle in the Etude House polish. Enjoy!




And here are some of the Ice Hounds, the only hockey team that Degrassi has had in 12 seasons and "the worst thing to ever happen to Degrassi." They may be jerks but there's a few cuties in there, eh?


Edited to add this totally amazing action shot of last night's epic brawl. So cool.

Image source
I can't believe that the season finale of Degrassi is tomorrow already! It went by so fast, but at least we will have new episodes this fall again so we don't have to wait long.

Anyways, Hope everyone has a fantastic day and I will see you all tomorrow!

29 comments:

  1. Your pics are great, no worries!!! I really like this combo, you're making me want to see what Degrassi is all about :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! You should check it out, I'm kind of obsessed with it lmfao!

      Delete
  2. Your pictures are nice! I love the holo glitters mixed with the matte glitters, such a pretty combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like a bad Canadian for not keeping up with Degrassi lol. Gorgeous mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww your so sweet. I really appreciate it when Americans acknowledge Canada :oP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love Canada!! I'm always talking about how much I want to move there lol!

      Delete
  5. I still have no idea what you're tweeting when this show is on but it makes me laugh. And I love this glitter, it is happy and sunny and red and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I enjoy tweeting about it almost as much as I love watching it!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous gliter! Black looks like a perfect base for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous over black! I'm loving those pops of white glitter in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love the white glitter too, and normally I'm so anti-white glitter!

      Delete
  8. love that topper, looks great on black!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Canadian Eh..? - what a fun name for at very gorgeous glitter - it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think so too! Perfect for a fan of Canada like myself =D

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous glitter, I really like it! It's perfect over the black. All of your posts about Degrassi make me want to watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! You really should watch it again because it's amazing. I am the ultimate Degrassi enabler lol!

      Delete
  11. This shade is really gorgeous! I should pay more attention to Girly Bits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your pictures turned out great! I really like the red and white glitters over a black base. It makes them really stand out. I just bought my first Girly Bits polish a few days ago, and it's suppose to arrive today! I'm super excited! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yay for your first Girly Bits polish, can't wait to see swatches!

      Delete
  13. Wow, this is so pretty! I love the combinaton of the different coloured glitters over the black (and the name Canadian Eh? is awesome too!). Your love for Degrassi is making me want to start watching it again (I stopped after Degrassi Goes to Hollywood)...as a Torontonian I feel like it's my duty to watch, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha as a Torontonian you should definitely be watching Degrassi, it's filmed right there in your city! Haha Degrassi Goes Hollywood was so fun, that was the last episode Jay and Silent Bob did =(

      Delete
  14. Love Canadian Eh! And omg.. haven't even thought about Degrassi in years. I used to watch it religiously as a kid lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)