Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Maybelline Color Show Downtown Brown

Good morning everyone! Today I thought I'd show you another new polish that came out recently from Maybelline called Downtown Brown. It is a limited edition shade from Maybelline's new Color Show line of polishes. There were a few other interesting ones in the LE display but this is the one that caught my eye, a lovely brown with green shimmer!

Instantly it reminded me of one of my favorite vintage polishes, Cover Girl Chocolate Mint so I had to have it! The lovely Rie over at Nails and Noms did an Instagram comparison of the two here: Chocolate Mint vs. Downtown Brown. They are quite simillar, and if Chocolate Mint is milk chocolate then Downtown Brown is the dark chocolate version =) Definitely different enough for me to own both, but I'm glad to have something in the same vein as the Cover Girl because they are both fabulous.

Anyways, I'm not too pleased with how the swatches of this one turned out but I'm going to show them to you anyways. I should have used 3 coats, but I only used 2 and when I took the pictures I noticed a few bald spots that I didn't see in real life. The formula was okay, nothing spectacular and kind of thick, but not unmanageable. Next time I will most definitely do 3 coats of this one.

Here's 2 coats of Maybelline Color Show Downtown Brown. Enjoy!




What do you think? Do you like brown polishes?

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you all tomorrow =)

31 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have thought I would like a brown polish but this one is actually very pretty! I think that subtle shimmer is what makes me like it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green shimmer definitely makes this not your typical brown polish! I'm glad you like it =)

      Delete
  2. Wow, I've never seen a combination such as this one- brown and green shimmer- I like it! Whether it would look good on me is a different story all together...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it would look great on you! The brown and green combo is definitely a good one!

      Delete
  3. I love brown polishes. And this is just stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brown polishes are among my favorites! Haven't tried the Maybelline Color Show polishes yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the polishes in the Color Show line are pretty blah, but there's definitely a few good ones!

      Delete
  5. I don't have any of the Color Show polishes, but I might be picking this one up (and a couple others, hehe)! I love the green shimmer! It's like a nice bowl of mint chocolate ice cream :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definitely some good ones in the Color Show line, though most of them are pretty blah. Glad you are liking this one!!

      Delete
  6. All though I'm not a brown person, I have to agree that this one is nice, and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a huge brown person, but that shimmer is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhhhh that looks so good on you! I'll have to look for it today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is nice! Kind of reminds me of Club eyeshadow from MAC (I think that's the one...) I never wear brown polish, but I think I could handle this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely reminds me of Club or the Green Brown pigment!! Good eye =)

      Delete
  10. I recently bought my first brown polish!! I love the shimmer on this one so lovely! <3 I can't even see the bald spots in your swatches! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for brown polishes!! Glad you can't see the bald swatches, but I assure you they are definitely there!

      Delete
  11. The green shimmers against the brown base is so interesting! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I'm normally not a fan of browns... but this green shimmer OMG <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have shown you a brown polish that you might like!!

      Delete
  13. Very cool duochrome. I normally dislike green leaning duochromes, but with the brown, it just really works!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha it completely reminded me of mint choc-chip ice-cream when I looked at it! I don't think I could wear it without craving some ice-cream lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LIVE for brown polish!!! Can never have too many!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your swatches are beautiful! I looked hi and lo for this polish for 2 weeks and FINALLY found it today at CVS. I bought the only 2 in the display - I cant wait to wear it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! It really is Mint Chocolate's sister! I need to hunt this down ASAP! You're swatches are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! Any comments with links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog, please send an email to thescholarlynail (at) gmail (dot) com, and I will be more than happy to check it out! Thanks for your cooperation =)